Re: I made t/podcheck.t less sensitive and fixed various pod issues

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 11, 2013 12:36
Re: I made t/podcheck.t less sensitive and fixed various pod issues
Message ID:
20130611123557.GZ3729@plum.flirble.org
I've been trying to stay out of this. But I will comment on two parts.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 08:19:54AM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:

> work on the code, is going to have a cost in morale.  In fact, Karl was unhappy
> about the work being directly applied, and it's lead to this thread which is, I
> think, probably more unpleasant for everybody than the technical pre-merge
> discussion would've been.

I agree with this assessment. Trying to avoid any discussion has only ended
up in creating a discussion about discussions. Because it is not possible to
have a project with multiple contributors without some level of discussions
between them.

> I hope to have a branch in place that gets podcheck.t into a "middle ground"
> state to consider in the next few days.

In that, this has all become massively distracting from what were real issues
being raised - what is the purpose of aggressively testing for something that
isn't being actively resolved?

Which does need to be resolved. The status quo of "just adding to the
exception list" is not good. And I think that everyone will agree on *that*
aspect of things.

Nicholas Clark