Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error whentrying to compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 5, 2013 13:58
Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error whentrying to compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)
Message ID:
20130605135818.GE3729@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 01:29:48PM +0000, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** wrote:

> right now, building all-static "perl-static.exe" gives a perl that can not load dynamic XS modules.
> This is quite unfortunate, and hence very functionality stripped, but this is how it is documented...
>
> I thought about inserting an opportunity of dynamic loading into perl-static.exe, but there
> were no very obvious way to do this.

I believe that it's perfectly possible with the Unix configuration process.
In that, declare all XS extension as being in 'static_ext', and none in
'dynamic_ext', and you should get a binary with everything staticly linked,
including a fully functional DynaLoader

I've just done this by editing config.sh (moving them all to static_ext).
I have a 13M perl binary and no dynamic extensions. If I install it, I can
build and test an XS extension, which means that DynaLoader works.

So it's more a matter of porting the missing bits into the Win32
configuration system or the toolchain. Not doing everything from scratch.

Nicholas Clark