Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error when tryingto compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
June 4, 2013 13:56
Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error when tryingto compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jWDZ5P0=q=NNysR_ufDnWfTO1CiGH28xbVXyKGB0OA6w@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Steve Hay <Steve.Hay@verosoftware.com> wrote:
> Interestingly, the perl-static.exe target's recipe already links all the
> static extensions directly into perl-static.exe, so it doesn't seem to
> need to link in (the currently broken) perl519s.lib/libperl519s.a as
> well anyway!
>
> Thus, I thought that simply removing the creation of that static library
> rather than trying to fix it (together with linking in the core perl
> objects, which are the other thing being picked up from the static
> library) would solve the problem. (See patch attached.)

I think that would break MakeMaker for XS modules. Then again, only
two people noticed Module::Build never got around to implementing this
at all in the past ten years, people doing static perls generally
don't seem to be using many modules. It's a fairly crazy use-case when
you think about it.

Leon