Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error whentrying to compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
June 3, 2013 23:34
Re: dmake can't find config.h, and collector throws error whentrying to compile perl-static.exe (perl-5.18.0 / mingw / 32b)
Message ID:
20130603233335.GA13256@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 08:59:15AM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
> Yes, reading the docs for GNU ar I see that it does indeed, and it
  looks like there is no other way to do this than to extract the
  object files from each extension's archive and then archive all the
  extracted object files into the perl static library. I will look at
  doing this soon unless anyone would like to do it sooner.

Rather than trying to combine the libraries, would it be better to
simply make it behave more like the Makefile.SH Makefiles - treat all
of the extensions as static so their .lib/.a files are linked into
perl itself.

This skips the creation of the separate perl518s.lib.

Tony