Re: [perl #115932] Net::Ping IPv6 support - with patch

From:
Vince
Date:
May 29, 2013 00:21
Re: [perl #115932] Net::Ping IPv6 support - with patch
Message ID:
CAHCNyaR5GvX-=P=y9yOCTYm0PifnkbCZuC3Oor_Z0AMP6J++xw@mail.gmail.com
Jim,

I'm not Steve Peters - I submitted the original request for IPv6 support
with a 95% complete patch (didn't include ICMPv6 support - arguably a
pretty important feature).  Anyway, I didn't pursue any further as I maxed
out on my coding expertise and the suggestion from Steve seemed to indicate
reworking the module structure (at least the new() method) and since I
wasn't an owner / maintainer, I figured I'd leave it to the "professionals".

Does v2.41 include IPv6 support - as that was my initial "feature request"?

cheers.