[perl #118003] "perl single step doesn't write steps to stderr"

From:
Linda Walsh via RT
Date:
May 28, 2013 20:05
Subject:
[perl #118003] "perl single step doesn't write steps to stderr"
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369771520-1327.118003-15-0@perl.org
Indeed.  I think a better one is attached using ">&* STDERR".  It also
works in the Cygwin case allowing that special case to be considered
part of the unix case.  Note: rather than simply testing for the
existence of /dev/tty, I changed the test to at least require it be a
character device.

I didn't have a test setup, but it seems it would work for the normal
MSDOS case as well (though not the check for /dev/tty...;-))...

It might work under other OS's as well as a more general solution for
all(?) of them.

Note Cygwin doesn't evidence the behavior of not having its output
redirectable, as it was already not using /dev/tty.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open