Re: [perl #118003] "perl single step doesn't write steps to stderr"

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
May 28, 2013 17:51
Re: [perl #118003] "perl single step doesn't write steps to stderr"
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hkini1jM+GtHoKq=GPzOBxOJxEZFRjPcK964RNVuqXbg@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafayette.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 May 2013, Linda Walsh via RT wrote:
>> The patch would redirect output to stderr if runnonstop is set.
>
> Unfortunately, this patch uses /proc/self/stderr, which appears to be a
> Linux-ism.  It's not present in Solaris11 or NetBSD 6.0, for example.  I
> don't know about HP-UX or AIX.

How about this?

(I have no opinion on this, and haven't tested this patch either, just
tried to fix it).

Leon