[perl #118215] make Module:CoreList's %deprecated a delta hash

From:
Ricardo SIGNES
Date:
May 28, 2013 15:03
Subject:
[perl #118215] make Module:CoreList's %deprecated a delta hash
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369753379-54.118215-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Ricardo SIGNES
# Please include the string:  [perl #118215]

%Module::CoreList::deprecated is a map from versions to modules "deprecated" in
that version of perl.  Every perl version has a full list, meaning we get
entries like this:

  5.011001 => {
    'Class::ISA'            => '1',
      'Pod::Plainer'          => '1',
      'Shell'                 => '1',
      'Switch'                => '1',
  },
   5.011002 => {
      'Class::ISA'            => '1',
      'Pod::Plainer'          => '1',
      'Shell'                 => '1',
      'Switch'                => '1',
  },

For later versions with more deprecations, this gets pretty big.  More
importantly, it needs to be updated versionly.  Each perl version should
instead be a delta so we only need to add additions or removals when they
occur.  We already have code for this, used by Module::Corelist:
Module::CoreList::TieHashDelta

Module::CoreList::deprecated should be set up with a delta hash.

--
rjbs