Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
May 28, 2013 11:14
Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build
Message ID:
20130528111424.GC7097@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:46:59AM -0700, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:43:44AM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > > What _is_ the most common way (I'll bet it is still EU::MM)?  What
> > > is the most recommended way?
> >
> > For commonly used things, according to their metadata:
>
> How did you determine these numbers?  (i.e. can you throw up your code in a
> gist?)
>
> It would be interesting to look at historical data to see trends - e.g.
> via cp2000an.barnyard.co.uk and other historical indexes.

If anyone wants me to generate *all* the monthly indices, I can do that.
Shouldn't take very long either, as the CPAN was quite small back then.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Computer Science is about lofty design goals and careful algorithmic
optimisation.  Sysadminning is about cleaning up the resulting mess.