[perl #118185] perl debugger doesn't evaluate user input when it should

From:
Linda Walsh via RT
Date:
May 28, 2013 03:59
Subject:
[perl #118185] perl debugger doesn't evaluate user input when it should
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369713538-22.118185-15-0@perl.org
In scratching my head at some of my own copious debug output I that that
for the most part the ARRAY(0x8888888) and HASH(0x8888888) were fairly
useless if you were not working on perl internals.  So rather
than print those below the 'nesting level', I thought to use
{…} & […] for generic (unexpanded) hashes and arrays by default.  You
don't seem to be as worried about space issues -- especially when you
have a full pretty-print data dumper as part of the current display
repertoire.  But three spaces instead maybe 12+text to indicate hash or
array.  ??

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open