[perl #38723] Backticks don't work in Win32 multithreaded perl

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 27, 2013 23:15
Subject:
[perl #38723] Backticks don't work in Win32 multithreaded perl
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369696505-625.38723-15-0@perl.org
On Mon May 27 15:11:44 2013, bulk88 wrote:
> On Mon May 27 06:06:19 2013, jkeenan wrote:
> >
> > Reviewing older tickets this morning, I came across this one.
> >
> > Krzysztofk:  It appears that by re-compiling Perl, you found a
> > satisfactory work-around.  Do you need further assistance with this
> problem?
> >
> > List: Could someone familiar with the current status of 'fork' on Win32
> > systems please assess the issues in this ticket?
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > Jim Keenan

> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop>perl n11.pl
> Starting process 1(-2992)

[snip]

> Wait returned -1636 (6)
> Wait returned -4472 (2)
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop>
>
> All psuedo processes reached 20. Ran script 5 times, no freezes. Perl
> 5.19.0. Normal Win32 Perl does not use USE_RTL_POPEN, so my tests were
> done WITHOUT the mod the OP made to get it to not freeze for him. I
> recommend close.

Let's give the OP and others seven days to comment, then close.   Am
taking the ticket for that purpose.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---