Re: [perl #115910] New copy-on-write breaks CPAN

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
May 27, 2013 16:34
Re: [perl #115910] New copy-on-write breaks CPAN
Message ID:
CAHhgV8j=q7w_VH=i_BD9umtr=JaqxmOPrzmQEpDpASdLfbdzOA@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> SvLEN == 0 has a historical established meaning of "the core doesn't own
> this buffer". If COW were disabled for all PVs with SvLEN == 0, does this
> solve the issues in more than just this module?

That is already taken into account in sv_setsv, so I guess something
is happening somewhere else. I think SvCANCOW needs to be improved to
handle this.

Leon