Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.19.0-241-g762dbf2

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 26, 2013 20:01
Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.19.0-241-g762dbf2
Message ID:
20130526200115.GA3949@cancer.codesimply.com
* Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org> [2013-05-26T03:18:43]
> commit ab830aa00cac1e0b1157a24d5df949dbcfa4dc40
> Author: Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org>
> Date:   Sat May 25 19:05:11 2013 -0700
>
>     perldiag: Re-correct spelling of copiable
>
>     Sorry, but ‘copyable’ is not a word in English.  It is spelt with an
>     I, not a Y.  I have already corrected this before, but 50a39ba4 just
>     ‘corrected’ it.

The OED disagrees with you (citations of "copyable" to 1883), as does usage in
Google Books.  You may prefer copiable over copyable, but your apologies for
others' supposed mistakes are not necessary.

Of course we don't want to accept patches for the sake of changing words
between two perfectly acceptable spellings, but in a very large batch of work
like David Steinbrunner provided, it seems likely that a few changes of
preference like this might sneak in.  I'm sure we can be forgiving of such
things.

--
rjbs