[perl #73736] Too many 'threads' causing segfaults under Cygwin/Win32

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 26, 2013 16:48
Subject:
[perl #73736] Too many 'threads' causing segfaults under Cygwin/Win32
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369586920-540.73736-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Mar 22 06:41:15 2010, jdhedden@cpan.org wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from jdhedden@cpan.org,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.0.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> Test 10 in t/op/threads.t is failing in blead with:
>    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> The following reproduces this, although sometime it runs without
> failing:
>
> ----- CUT HERE -----
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> use threads;
>
> my @t;
> for (1..100) {
>    my $thr = threads->create( sub { require IO });
>    last if !defined($thr);
>    push(@t, $thr);
> }
> $_->join for @t;
>
> ----- CUT HERE -----
>
> After looking at some smoke test results, I see that Steve Hay has
> been encountering this for both blead and 5.10.1.
>
> The failure is no doubt related to out of memory, however, somehow
> this
> is not being caught and the segfault results.
>
> [Please do not change anything below this line]
> ---
> Flags:
>     category=core
>     severity=medium
> ---
> Site configuration information for perl 5.12.0:

Would it be possible to get an update on the status of this problem with
Perl 5.18.0?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---