[perl #78524] Cross Compile Failed issues

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 26, 2013 16:45
Subject:
[perl #78524] Cross Compile Failed issues
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369586689-1143.78524-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Oct 22 01:18:11 2010, jian_zhou@realsil.com.cn wrote:
> Hello, I’m trying to porting perl-5.10.1 interpreter into my mips-linux
> platform ,but I can’t make it.
>
> My host is i386-linux.
>
> I am following the instructions in perl-5.10.1/Cross/README:
>
> 1)      You should be reading me (README) in perl-5.x.y/Cross
>
> 2)      Make sure you are in the Cross directory.
>
> 3)      Edit the file 'config' to contain your target platform
information.

> 4)      make patch      ## This will patch the existing source-tree.
>
> 5)      make perl       ## Will make perl
>
> First I changed ‘config’ like this:
>
> ### Target Arch
>
> #ARCH = arm
>
> #ARCH = i386-pc
>
> #ARCH = sh4
>
> ARCH = mips
>
> #ARCH = mipsel
>
> #ARCH = ppc
>

> ## Specific arm
>
> #CONFIG_TARGET_ARM_SA11X0 = 1
>
> #CONFIG_TARGET_ARM_XSCALE = 1
>

> ### Target OS
>
> OS = linux
>
> #OS = solaris2.8
>
> Then enter the command: make patch, but it failed like this:
>
>          ……
>
> patching file Makefile.SH
>
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] y
>
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 160 (offset 31 lines).
>
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 420.
>
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 432.
>
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 610.
>
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 618.
>
> Hunk #6 succeeded at 954 with fuzz 1 (offset 200 lines).
>
> Hunk #7 FAILED at 963.
>
> Hunk #8 FAILED at 1037.
>
> Hunk #9 FAILED at 1150.
>
> Hunk #10 FAILED at 1301.
>
> Hunk #11 FAILED at 1414.
>
> 9 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.SH.rej
>
> missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
>
> patching file installperl
>
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
>
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 946.
>
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file installperl.rej
>
> ………
>
> Is there anything wrong?
> Or anything I missed?

This seems more like an everyday failure in using 'patch'.  Have you
subsequently been able to complete the cross-compilation?

> JIan Zhou

List:  This ticket was filed more than 2-1/2 years ago, but never
attracted a response.  Can someone take a look and see if you spot
obvious errors?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---