Global interpreter destruction callback

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
May 25, 2013 13:42
Subject:
Global interpreter destruction callback
Message ID:
51A0BFD5.3050701@cpan.org
Hi all,

to be able to address long standing issues with free-ing resources in an
XS module that may be used very late during global destruction, I've
just implemented PL_destructcb, a global C-level callback that will be
invoked very late in the interpreter destruction - long after all Perl
code has finished executing.

This was triggered by the recent thread about Storable, but I appreciate
this doesn't single-handedly address the issue raised in that thread.
What it DOES do is allow me to fix a long-standing (constant-sized)
memory leak in the Class::XSAccessor module which uses
out-of-interpreter state.

I would appreciate feedback and review before I push this to blead:
branch smueller/destructcb.

Best regards,
Steffen