Re: [perl #118055] miniperl fails with SIGBUS on sparc(usethreads+use64bitint)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 24, 2013 19:36
Re: [perl #118055] miniperl fails with SIGBUS on sparc(usethreads+use64bitint)
Message ID:
20130524193637.GZ3729@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:30:09AM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 01:26:03PM -0700, Nicholas Clark via RT wrote:
> > On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:39:53PM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
>
> > I had an insight on the tram. All sorts of complex hacks are complex...
> >
> > > Thanks for looking at this. I'm happy to test anything you come up with.
>
> > Would be nice to test this with & without -Duse64bitint on as many
> > architectures as practical. (I can get to x86_64, x86, sparc and mips, but
> > not tonight)
>
> I tested with v5.18.0 and a "backported" version of the patch. All tests
> pass with GCC 4.6.3 and -Dusethreads, both with and without -Duse64bitint,
> on these Debian platforms:
>
> armhf   (ARM hard-float, 32bit)
> ia64    (Itanium, 64bit)
> mips    (32bit, big endian)
> mipsel  (32bit, little endian)
> powerpc (32bit)
> s390    (IBM S/390, 31bit)
> s390x   (IBM S/390  64bit)
> sparc   (32bit)

Thanks. It also passed on everything I tried it on. I've pushed it to blead.

Sadly the two available sparc machines at the GCC compile farm are scheduled
to be decommissioned at the end of June, so I probably won't be able to test
on sparc for much longer. However, it does seem that the kernel bug is fixed.
Previously the test suite had been be able to create an unkillable busy
process. So it looks like it is now "safe" to run a blead smoker on 32 bit
sparc Linux.

Nicholas Clark