Pending ExtUtils::ParseXS changes

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
May 24, 2013 14:30
Subject:
Pending ExtUtils::ParseXS changes
Message ID:
519F7970.8050304@cpan.org
Hi all,

this is just a heads-up that I have a number of ExtUtils::ParseXS (and
friends) changes in the smueller/eupxs_ng branch. It's a mix of bug
fixes, features, and improvements in clarity and code quality (from
horrific to still-horrific-but-less-so).

Among other things, this means that you can use EU::PXS multiple times
in the same process since it can operate in a mode that doesn't use (and
in particular reuse) global state.

However, history tells me that this *will* break some of the crazier
uses of typemaps, etc., so I will only merge this to blead after
receiving both a smoke-me do-over and a CPAN smoke. My CPAN smokes are
blocking on getting the CPAN smoke machine back from maintenance.

Comments and testing most welcome.

Best regards,
Steffen