Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
May 24, 2013 11:31
Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build
Message ID:
20130524113110.GB27556@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:23:08AM +0200, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> [2013-05-23 23:20]:
> > Is this something that can somehow be enforced, or at least
> > smoke-tested on?
> Anyone running a CPAN smoker under a pre-M::B perl is smoke-testing that
> already. I know I get CPAN Testers reports for such perls but don???t know
> if there is systematic or only sporadic effort there.

I test everything that gets released to the CPAN with perl 5.6.2
and 5.8.9.  These days most of it doesn't actually build though
(especially with 5.6.2), and so doesn't generate any kind of report,
even if using cpXXXan for dependencies.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

    There are many different types of sausages.  The best are
    from the north of England.  The wurst are from Germany.
      -- seen in alt.2eggs...