Re: I made t/podcheck.t less sensitive and fixed various pod issues

From:
Peter Rabbitson
Date:
May 24, 2013 09:35
Re: I made t/podcheck.t less sensitive and fixed various pod issues
Message ID:
20130524093455.GB1980@rabbit.us
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:32:35PM -0400, David Golden wrote:

> Karl -- you were responsible for most of the recent commits to
> pod/perlebcidic.pod.  Did you fix the many lines over 80?  No, you
> didn't.
>
> I really respect your many contributions to the core, but please walk
> the walk before you talk the talk.

IMHO he actually does. Basically these skips mean "Ah shit... this is
hard to fix... and we got to ship... I will leave it for later. The test
will catch the other 95% of the violations which are not hard to fix, so
at least when I get a roundtuit I will not have as much to fix to get
things back to snuff".

Whereas the s/80/100/ patch says: "Ah sod it - it doesn't matter. If
someone wants to have this - they can fix it all in one step at some
future point. But for the time being I refuse to crowdsource work which
I find useless anyway".

Cheers