Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
May 23, 2013 22:23
Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build
Message ID:
20130523222308.GA6470@fernweh.plasmasturm.org
* Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> [2013-05-23 23:20]:
> Is this something that can somehow be enforced, or at least
> smoke-tested on?

Anyone running a CPAN smoker under a pre-M::B perl is smoke-testing that
already. I know I get CPAN Testers reports for such perls but don’t know
if there is systematic or only sporadic effort there.

> Dependency-creep happens, sometimes in nonobvious ways, that lead to
> cyclic dependencies or other weird breakages - any non-core build
> system feels like it could be much more prone to gaining one of these
> by accident.

Once “latest stable perl” means a perl that ships without M::B, there
will be *many* CPAN smokers keeping that dep chain honest.

Regards,