Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build

From:
David Golden
Date:
May 23, 2013 15:57
Re: RFC: Deprecating Module::Build
Message ID:
CAOeq1c-mwdMPwFfHR1DweDXVLef3NddPiy9W8UAZPeLGCMKj8Q@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would likely also mean removing ExtUtils::CBuilder, which is even
> less maintained and buggier than Module Build.

+1

> Likewise, Perl::OSType and possibly Module::Metadata could be removed.
> This will likely have less of an impact though.

Leaving aside my personal investment in the former, I think having
some OS "family" information maintained centrally could still have
some value.  But I don't feels strongly about keeping it or
deprecating it.

If EU::MM isn't using Module::Metadata already, I hope that we might
get it to eventually.  I'd like to have just *one* tool for toolchain
to use to parse stuff out of .pm files.  I'd suggest not deprecating
it yet.

David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>