[perl #117999] cachepropagate test errors in 5.18.0 RC

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 20, 2013 23:10
Subject:
[perl #117999] cachepropagate test errors in 5.18.0 RC
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1369091438-875.117999-15-0@perl.org
On Tue May 14 19:47:21 2013, dmcbride@cpan.org wrote:
> Further notes: looks like this is being skipped already on AIX 6 due
> to one of
> the other skip reasons.
>
> TonyC posted http://paste.scsys.co.uk/248134 in IRC with a patch that
> "resolves" the issue (by skipping it).  I'm wondering if the skip
> order should
> be changed so that AIX 6 and earlier get a more reasonable skip
> message ("not
> implemented" or something).
>
> So this can get a clean test on AIX7.  However, the underlying issue,
> whether
> perl or AIX (I'm leaning toward AIX) still probably should be
> resolved.  I'll
> have to try to put together a pure C example of this behaviour and see
> if I
> can get it to fail, thus eliminating perl, or not.  And, if I can,
> then to
> pass it over to AIX to see if there's a resolution (APAR) or not.
>
> Thanks,

It looks like Tony's patch made it into Perl 5.18.0.  I will add this
ticket to the list of Socket-related issues.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new