Re: [perl #117999] perlbug AutoReply: cachepropagate test errors in 5.18.0 RC

From:
Darin McBride
Date:
May 15, 2013 02:46
Re: [perl #117999] perlbug AutoReply: cachepropagate test errors in 5.18.0 RC
Message ID:
3992560.F7kSripgk2@naboo
Further notes: looks like this is being skipped already on AIX 6 due to one of
the other skip reasons.

TonyC posted http://paste.scsys.co.uk/248134 in IRC with a patch that
"resolves" the issue (by skipping it).  I'm wondering if the skip order should
be changed so that AIX 6 and earlier get a more reasonable skip message ("not
implemented" or something).

So this can get a clean test on AIX7.  However, the underlying issue, whether
perl or AIX (I'm leaning toward AIX) still probably should be resolved.  I'll
have to try to put together a pure C example of this behaviour and see if I
can get it to fail, thus eliminating perl, or not.  And, if I can, then to
pass it over to AIX to see if there's a resolution (APAR) or not.

Thanks,