Re: Big batch of typo fixes and the like

From:
David Golden
Date:
May 14, 2013 00:07
Re: Big batch of typo fixes and the like
Message ID:
CAOeq1c8SkDNcvXbf8X2is28K7aohX6y-QaEb13bT24iz6Hk+vQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM, David Steinbrunner
<dsteinbrunner@pobox.com> wrote:
> I realize my timing on this might not be good due to the current RC status
> and that I'm touching a lot of modules that will likely need a new version
> number if the changes are applied.  So I'm not sure what the best way of
> passing these changes on would be.  Should I follow the perlhack's
> suggestion of empaling the git diff or does my odd set of changes warrant
> a different approach?

Thank you for doing that!

Given the freeze, nothing will go in until after 5.18 is released.

The major issue I see with your patch is that every module file
touched will need to have its version bumped.  I wouldn't do that
until after 5.18 ships, though, in case there's any last minute
version bumps so you don't have a conflict in the patch.

I'm not sure if breaking it up by distribution makes for a better
patch set or if that's just busy work.  (Pumpking's call, I'd say.)

My suggestion is to follow perlhack and email it so it's in the RT
tracker and then after 5.18 is released, ping the list again and
remind people about it.  (I'm the scheduled release manager for June
so, worst case, ping *me* in early June and I'll see about getting it
applied.)

For extra credit -- is your process one that could be easily automated
as a test script like the others in t/porting or does it require a lot
of human review?

David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>