Re: [perl #117793] Extend SvREFCNT* to work on any perl variabletype

From:
bulk88
Date:
May 13, 2013 17:37
Re: [perl #117793] Extend SvREFCNT* to work on any perl variabletype
Message ID:
BLU0-SMTP4092E71C1A29B842811A666DFA00@phx.gbl
Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Yes. It's always going to be possible for people to use (or write) code
> to mess with the internals, such as reference counts.
>
> But I'm really not convinced that we should be offering documented functions
> in the default installation which offer such dangerous direct unguarded
> access to the internals. If people want to live dangerously, they should
> at least have to install an appropriate module from CPAN.
>
> Nicholas Clark

The refcount checkers from Perl lang are useful to prove in a test that
a leak was fixed.