[perl #117963] old hash behaviour test fails, op/each.t ../ext/Devel-Peek/t/Peek.t

From:
bulk88 via RT
Date:
May 13, 2013 02:35
Subject:
[perl #117963] old hash behaviour test fails, op/each.t ../ext/Devel-Peek/t/Peek.t
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1368412513-1974.117963-15-0@perl.org
On Sun May 12 02:32:08 2013, demerphq wrote:
> Given the build options you provided I don't expect this to fail, but
> it doesnt entirely surprise me that it does. We initialize the
> PL_hash_rand_bits var from the hash seed, so disabling hash seed
> randomization might cause PL_hash_rand_bits to stay 0 or something.
> Feel free to propose a patch to get_hash_seed().
>
> > C:\p518src\perl-05f5908\t>..\perl.exe -I..\lib harness
> > ../ext/Devel-Peek/t/Peek.t
.................................>
> Again, im not sure why your build options lead to this output (have
> you missed some?). But these are basically because the devel peek code
> thinks the hash iterator randomization is compiled out. I didnt have
> time to figure out how to make the tests pass in the time I had, and
> this is an experimental build mode, feel free to provide patches.
> Basically what is happening is that the code to show the RAND and
> LASTRAND fields of a hash iterator is conditional, but the tests dont
> know that. Ideally this should be driven from %Configure data. That
> aside however the "compile out" seems to have omitted a newline, so
> there is a gap in the dump. :-(
>
> I will do my best to look into this, but as it is an experimental
> build mode I cant say when I'll get to it, and I invite patches to fix
> the problems. Ill do my best to provide guidance if its needed.

I am attaching a diff from 05f5908f8de71a2ef1188624c0e09278342be6d0 to
what I built and generated those test fails. The diff isn't from the
public repo. I might have set the defines in wrong places (in headers
instead of command line/make file or vice versa).

bulk88 ~ bulk88 at hotmail.com

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open