[perl #117727] documentation in ext/B/B.pm does not cover B::PADLIST ( new since 5.17.4 )

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 13, 2013 00:39
Subject:
[perl #117727] documentation in ext/B/B.pm does not cover B::PADLIST ( new since 5.17.4 )
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1368405578-863.117727-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Apr 23 10:46:58 2013, kentfredric@gmail.com wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from kentfredric@gmail.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.17.11.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> I was exploring things and discovered B::svref_2object($code)->PADLIST
>
> Returns an object of undocumented type 'B::PADLIST', that I can only
> find
> reference to in perl5174delta, and is otherwise unexplained.
>
> I assume it retains its previous interface ( which appears to have
> been
> B::AV ), in addition to its new one, but I can't tell from the Docs.
>
> perl5174delta hints at a list of methods it should provide, but its
> hard to
> know if these are "all the methods", and hard to know how
> backwards-compatible it may be with previous perls.

Along the same lines, pod/perldelta.pod (i.e., the perldelta for 5.18)
has this entry under Updated Modules and Pragmata:

#####
L<B::Debug> has been upgraded to 1.18.

This adds support (experimentally) for C<B::PADLIST>, which will be
added in Perl 5.17.4.
#####

Well, I wonder, was it added in 5.17.4, which was probably 8 months ago?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new