5.18.0-RC1 seems badly broken

From:
sisyphus1
Date:
May 12, 2013 01:04
Subject:
5.18.0-RC1 seems badly broken
Message ID:
A04AEF86464B46F6BBD9E75D5BB59F78@OwnerPC311012
Hi,

I built the following perls on MS Windows, using the RC1 source:

archname='MSWin32-x86-multi-thread';
archname='MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int';
archname='MSWin32-x64-multi-thread';

Nothing unusual about the way they built and tested.
The 32-bit builds hang during the running of the test suite when they get to
cpan/Archive-Extract - as has been the case for the last couple of years.
The 64-bit build survives the full test suite, failing only
pod/porting/rules (or something like that) - as also is usual.

However, I don't seem to be able to build any modules at all - with any of
those perls.
The 'Makefile.PL' step works fine, but perl crashes as soon as I run
'dmake'.
When I clear the pop-up ("perl.exe has stopped working") I get the error
message:

dmake:  Error code 133, while making 'pm_to_blib'

Is anyone else seeing this ? Or do I need to re-examine the way I built and
installed RC1 ? (Afaik, I built it exactly the same as I've built blead from
5.17.8 onwards.)

Cheers,
Rob