[perl #61592] 5.8.9 won't run suid program

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 11, 2013 14:39
Subject:
[perl #61592] 5.8.9 won't run suid program
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-2650-1368283139-736.61592-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 11 06:08:07 2013, nicholas wrote:

> > Can we close the ticket now and, if so, with which Status?
>
> I believe so. There won't be a release which fixes this.
> Not sure. Maybe "wontfix" is the best of the optionso available to us,
> although really I'd still like an "abandoned" status. And a
> "pending release". And, I guess, for completeness, a terse word which
> means
> "fix is shipped in a newer stable release and we're not going to
> backport it,
> so please upgrade". I think that those 3 are sufficient.
>
> (Which, actually, applies to this ticket, as it was fixed for 5.10.1)
>
> Nicholas Clark

As Nicholas says:

"Fix is shipped in a newer stable release and we're not going to
backport it, so please upgrade."

Resolved as Rejected, which is the closest we have to Won't Fix.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open