[perl #19213] BUG require filename on windows broken

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 10, 2013 02:17
Subject:
[perl #19213] BUG require filename on windows broken
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-6955-1368152228-1254.19213-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Sep 27 18:47:39 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Tue Dec 17 06:34:13 2002, kane@ns1.biocede.com wrote:
> > I found the following bug when using require:
> >

> > use File::Spec;
> > my $file = File::Spec->catfile("GetOpt", "Long.pm");
> > require $file;
> >
> > now, the entry in %INC will be:
> > 'GetOpt\\Long.pm' => 'C:/Perl/lib/GetOpt\\Long.pm',
> >
> > usually, that's not so bad, as it merely means that GetOpt::Long
would be
> > required for a second time, if it were called as such:
> >
> > require GetOpt::Long;
> >
> > ie, %INC would hold:
> > 'GetOpt/Long.pm' => 'C:/Perl/lib/GetOpt/Long.pm',
> > 'GetOpt\\Long.pm' => 'C:/Perl/lib/GetOpt\\Long.pm',
> >
> > But, when you do this with IPC::Run (where one of the submodules
goes and
> > require's IPC::Run itself again), a core dump occurs.
> >
> > Since ActiveState didn't provide me with a debugging perl, i can't give
> > more information right now, except my perl -V.
> > I'm also not sure if this may have been fixed for 5.8, sicne i dont
have a
> > win32 machine with 5.8 right now =/
> >
> > -jos

> > T:\tools>perl -V
> > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 6 subversion 1) configuration:
> >   Platform:
> >     osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> >     uname=''
>
> This RT attracted comments from Chip and Gurusamy but has been
> languishing for nearly ten years.  Is there anyone who would like to
> review the issues discussed and make a recommendation?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

No comments received in over 7 months; closing.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open