[perl #117595] Perl 5.16 regression: lost warning for -l on filehandle

From:
Ricardo SIGNES via RT
Date:
May 7, 2013 23:05
Subject:
[perl #117595] Perl 5.16 regression: lost warning for -l on filehandle
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-6955-1367967948-1566.117595-15-0@perl.org
FC's reasons for treating things as a string seem reasonable to me.  I have just pushed 934fd9a
as smoke-me/rjbs/handle-l-test, restoring the warning and leaving the handle treated like a
string.

It would probably be a good idea for someone to review this patch!  It involves me looking at
stuff on the stack, which seems like a recipe for trouble. ;)

All tests successful, including tests restored and added.

--
rjbs

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open