Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
May 6, 2013 15:41
Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9
Message ID:
20130506154109.GQ2216@iabyn.com
On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 09:57:01AM +0000, Aaron Crane wrote:
> Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> > I've just applied 601448c36688a16a07b133714522cd9f63a9ed03, which does the
> > minimum to stop the TODO test producing noise on STDERR.
> >
> > It would be nice to have Deparse to have at least minimal handling for
> > lexical subs for 5.18, but since its an experimental feature, I don't
> > think it needs to be a blocker. And I'm not volunteering!
>
> Gah — apologies, I've repeatedly dropped the ball on this.
>
> The branch arc/deparse-lexical-subs has extremely minimal handling for
> lexical subs: they're emitted as declarations with no body, and they
> might appear in the wrong place; but all of that is at least
> documented.
>
> I was meaning to solicit feedback before applying that, but failed to
> actually ask.  (Sigh.)  But I'm still happy to (rebase against blead
> and) push it, if that seems reasonable.  Any comments?

I'm happy for it to go in, but at this late stage of code freeze, I guess
its up to Ricardo.

--
Fire extinguisher (n) a device for holding open fire doors.