Re: #83060: Repeated tie's to the same hash with no untie cause corruption

From:
Paul Marquess
Date:
May 6, 2013 14:00
Re: #83060: Repeated tie's to the same hash with no untie cause corruption
Message ID:
061801ce4a61$f8e23320$eaa69960$@btinternet.com
The jist of ticket 83060 (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=83060)
is that bad things happen if the same hash gets "tied" multiple times with
DB_File. The fix then is to trap a request to tie the same variable, but
unless I've not been paying attention,  I don't see a way to trap this
use-case in TIEHASH.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Failing that is there any prior art for doing this XS?

Paul