Re: [perl #117835] Pointer cast to integer of different size inhv_func.h

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 5, 2013 19:28
Re: [perl #117835] Pointer cast to integer of different size inhv_func.h
Message ID:
20130505192748.GA3729@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 06:05:58PM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
> Steve Hay wrote on 2013-05-02:
> > I haven't tried a 32-bit build with 64-bit-ints yet, but I will do
> > later unless you think it isn't worth the trouble.
>
> I've done 64-bit-int builds with the 32-bit MinGW and VC++ 2010
> compilers now, and they're both fine too.

Cool. The smoke tests all look clean.

I think that we should merge this fix to blead before v5.18.0

Whilst it's only a compiler warning fix, not a build breaker, it's clear
that this fix is safe (and better than what we have), and I think that
if we leave it as is, we're going to get more than one bug report about it
during the lifetime of maint-5.18

Hence I'll mark this ticket as a blocker and Ricardo can unmark it if he
feels I got it wrong.

Nicholas Clark