Re: [perl #116989] S_croak_memory_wrap breaks gcc warning flagsdetection

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 3, 2013 12:27
Re: [perl #116989] S_croak_memory_wrap breaks gcc warning flagsdetection
Message ID:
20130503122648.GX3729@plum.flirble.org
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 03:14:10PM -0700, Ricardo SIGNES via RT wrote:
> On Fri Apr 26 08:13:41 2013, nicholas wrote:
> > I've pushed this, and Tony's test case as smoke-me/nicholas/extrefs
>
> I don't see many smoke results on this, sadly, but I think we should land it unless there is
> positive evidence for a negative impact, and ASAP.  In other words, let's merge it unless
> somebody shows, "right now," that it's no good.

There were smoke results for the previous iteration, which showed that
everything was happy except for *Darwin*'s flavour of g++ 4.2.1, which
objected to using "-ofilename", petulantly demanding a space in between.
(The FreeBSD g++ 4.2.1 is happy with or without a space)

There are now smoke results for this iteration. Everything is happy with
this test, so I've merged the branch and pushed it to blead.

I haven't submitted patches to the 3 modules on CPAN that are affected.
Nor have I documented the change in perldelta, because it looks like the
"current" pod/perldelta.pod is for the released v5.17.11

Nicholas Clark