Re: [perl #116943] deprecate @*, %*, &*, ** too

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 3, 2013 10:44
Re: [perl #116943] deprecate @*, %*, &*, ** too
Message ID:
20130503104354.GV3729@plum.flirble.org
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 04:14:43PM -0700, Ricardo SIGNES via RT wrote:
> >From IRC, lest it be lost:
>
> <@rjbs> Nicholas: You asked whether we were okay to revert the imperfect
> deprecation.  I said, "I thought you already had!"
> <@rjbs> Nicholas: ...but I think subsequent to that, it has not actually
> been done, and needs to be.  Is that correct?

I've pushed the reversion to blead. To avoid it getting lost, I've attached
the other commit from that branch here before deleting it.

There are also two further commits with documentation and tests to apply
after the code freeze in the branch smoke-me/nicholas/S_scan_ident

I keep thinking that there is something that I've missed here. Hence the
delay. But if there is, it hasn't come back to me after several weeks.

Nicholas Clark