[perl #117031] regenerating with bison 2.7 breaks Win32

From:
Nicholas Clark via RT
Date:
May 3, 2013 08:43
Subject:
[perl #117031] regenerating with bison 2.7 breaks Win32
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28177-1367570568-269.117031-15-0@perl.org
On Thu May 02 04:55:16 2013, nicholas wrote:
> On Mon Mar 04 02:10:38 2013, nicholas wrote:
>
> > This isn't going to fly as-is.
> >
> > Not sure what the best solution is, but until we have one, I think as
> > an
> > interim, we need to explicitly disable support for bison 2.7 in
> > regen_perly.pl (with an explanation), else someone is accidentally
> > going
> > to generate a grammar which works perfectly locally, but breaks the
> > build
> > on Win32.
>
> Testing a fix with smoke-me/nicholas/rt-117031

The branch has two commits

1) a change to regen_perly.pl to work with bison 2.7
2) regenerating the files using bison 2.7

The regenerated files build and test cleanly on Win32.

I propose cherry-picking the *first* commit only to blead for 5.18.0.
It doesn't touch any code used in the build, but it fixes a trap
will catch out any would-be contributor, costing everyone time.
I see no benefit in changing the generated files.

Hence I'll add this ticket to the blockers list, and Ricardo can
approve or reject this plan.

Nicholas Clark

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open