develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2013

[perl #117327] Sequence (?#...) not recognized in regex

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
April 28, 2013 21:40
Subject:
[perl #117327] Sequence (?#...) not recognized in regex
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28177-1367185191-964.117327-14-0@perl.org
On Tue Apr 23 13:09:41 2013, khw wrote:
> Attached is a patch for review that fails with a more appropriate error
> message.  As you can see in the commit message, the scope of the problem
> is somewhat larger than previously thought.

Thank you.

If you are fixing all the (?...) constructs at the same time (which I
think you are), then I am all for this patch.

What makes me uncomfortable is leaving Perl in an inconsistent state in
which *some* (?...) constructs allow the space and some do not.

--

Father Chrysostomos