develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2013

DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #160

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 3, 2013 11:35
Subject:
DAVEM TPF bug-grant report #160
Message ID:
20130403113439.GU2413@iabyn.com
This week I continued chipping away at one of the 5.18 blockers; in this
case how

    overload::constant qr => sub { ...}

interacts with "constant" regexes such as qr/foo/ and qr/foo(?{bar})/
if the sub replaces constant strings like "foo" with an overloaded object.
It turns out this was something I hadn't anticipated in my re_eval
reworking, and my code didn't handle it at all well. I'm now about 3/4 the
way to fixing it.

Report for period 2013/03/25 to 2013/03/31 inclusive
SUMMARY
-------

    Effort (HH::MM):

        0:00 diagnosing bugs
        9:37 fixing bugs
        0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
        0:00 reviewing ticket histories
        0:00 review the ticket queue (triage)
       -----
        9:37 TOTAL

    Numbers of tickets closed:

           1 tickets closed that have been worked on
           0 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
           0 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
       -----
           1 TOTAL

DETAIL
------

[perl #116823] Regexp::Grammars broken since 5.17.1

    2013/03/25  2:52 fix
    2013/03/26  1:43 fix
    2013/03/28  4:14 fix
    2013/03/29  0:48 fix

[perl #117305] ISO C forbids braced-groups within expressions (cv.h, inline.h in 5.17.9)

    2013/03/25     - close

--
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it
happens.