develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2013

Re: [perl #116989] S_croak_memory_wrap breaks gcc warning flagsdetection

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
April 3, 2013 11:24
Re: [perl #116989] S_croak_memory_wrap breaks gcc warning flagsdetection
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.02.1304030716560.12685@fractal.phys.lafayette.edu
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, bulk88 via RT wrote:

> Another topic, what is the criteria for closing this ticket? A patch was
> already committed, so its about time for this ticket to be closed, are
> we waiting for confirmation libperl isn't mandatory to be linked in
> anymore in the various manifestations of the problem mentioned above?

Ideally, I would like to have a test such that we can detect this sort of
issue sooner.  I'm imagining a test that extracts the C test program from
cflags.SH and tries to compile and run it.  Such a test would be part of
the perl test suite so that it is run even by systems that don't run
Configure.

Alas, I have no time to create such a test right now.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu