develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2013

Re: Perlfunc for each(), keys(), values() has been changed

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 3, 2013 11:16
Re: Perlfunc for each(), keys(), values() has been changed
Message ID:
20130403111625.GT2413@iabyn.com
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:10:33PM -0700, Karen Etheridge wrote:
> Not just that, but one can
> 1.  remove any key at all that has just been referenced by each(), even if it
> is not the "last" key, and
> 2. remove keys in the order that they are returned by keys().

But that is just a quirk of the current implementation. The only thing
that is guaranteed is that deleting the *most recent* key returned by
scalar 'each' won't affect the iteration.

--
No man treats a motor car as foolishly as he treats another human being.
When the car will not go, he does not attribute its annoying behaviour to