develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2013

Re: perl 5.18.0 status update

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
April 2, 2013 05:01
Re: perl 5.18.0 status update
Message ID:
515A6613.3010401@khwilliamson.com
On 03/21/2013 08:49 AM, Salvador Fandino wrote:
> On 03/12/2013 02:46 AM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
>>
>> We're chugging along toward Perl 5.18.0.  There are still ten blockers.
>>
>> Also, guess what?  It's time for us to start taking this code freeze seriously.
>> Please slow down on changing blead unless it is a clear, simple bug fix.  That
>> doesn't mean stop working on cool stuff... just keep it in another branch for
>> now.  The next task is to get blead smoothed out and released.
>>
>> Perl 5.17.10 is due on March 21st.  (That's a day later than the usual 20th of
>> the month.  It is not a sigifnicant or interesting change, just a matter of
>> convenience for Max.)  After that, I'd like to see the rate of change slow
>> down.
>>
>> Here are blockers, which I list in something like a rough priority order:
>
> Could you also consider #116082: print builtin is broken
>
> I am not completely sure it has been solved in trunk, and IMO it is a
> critical bug.

Re-reading the thread on this bug, I don't see a way to reproduce it
now.  Without an easy way to reproduce a bug, no one is going to bother
to investigate it further.  If you think it is critical, you'll need to
post a test case that people can try, since the case you posted no
longer exhibits the problem.