[perl #114050] UPSTREAM=>blead modules need resource META updates

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
March 31, 2013 01:56
Subject:
[perl #114050] UPSTREAM=>blead modules need resource META updates
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28177-1364695007-1868.114050-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jul 09 09:02:54 2012, Perl@ResonatorSoft.org wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from Perl@ResonatorSoft.org,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.16.0.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> All of the core modules that are maintained in blead needs to have
> some META
> resource additions to reflect the proper place for bug reports and the
> repository:
>
>    resources => {
>       IRC         => 'irc://irc.perl.org/#p5p',
>       MailingList => 'http://lists.perl.org/list/perl5-porters.html',
>       license     => 'http://dev.perl.org/licenses/',
>       repository  => 'git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git',
>
>       # Change to related module
>       bugtracker  =>
> "https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Search/Results.html?Query=Queue='perl5' AND
> Content LIKE 'module=Math::BigInt' AND (Status='open' OR Status='new'
> OR Status='stalled')",
>       homepage    => 'https://metacpan.org/module/Math::BigInt',
>    },
>
> Most of these modules have a bunch of rt.cpan.org tickets that should
> be
> cleaned up and/or re-opened at rt.perl.org.  Of course, this only
> applies
> to blead modules that exist as a standalone module in CPAN.  (I think
> this is if
> Maintainers.pl contains a DISTRIBUTION attr.)  An audit finds the
> following
> modules need META updates and cleanup:

Thanks for taking the time to conduct this audit.  However, it's not
clear to me which files you believe should be updated.

META.yml ?
META.json ?
Porting/Maintainers.pl ?
some META files in distros on www.cpan.org ?

Can you clarify?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

> Attribute::Handlers
> autouse
> B::Lint
> base
> bignum
> Carp
> Compress::Raw::Bzip2
> Compress::Raw::Zlib
> constant
> Devel::SelfStubber
> Dumpvalue:
> encoding::warnings        (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Env
> Exporter
> ExtUtils::CBuilder
> ExtUtils::Command
> # ExtUtils::Constant      (UPSTREAM => undef, but still maintained in
> CPAN)
> ExtUtils::Install
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker       (UPSTREAM => first-come)
> ExtUtils::Manifest
> ExtUtils::ParseXS
> File::CheckTree
> File::Path                (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Filter::Simple
> I18N::Collate
> I18N::LangTags
> if
> IO
> IO::Zlib                  (UPSTREAM => undef)
> lib
> libnet                    (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Locale::Maketext
> Math::BigInt
> Math::BigInt::FastCalc
> Math::BigRat
> Module::CoreList
> Net::Ping
> parent                    (UPSTREAM => undef)
> PathTools
> PerlIO::via::QuotedPrint  (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Pod::Escapes              (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Pod::LaTeX                (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Safe
> Search::Dict
> SelfLoader
> Storable
> Term::Cap                 (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Term::Complete
> Term::ReadLine
> Text::Abbrev
> Text::ParseWords          (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Text::Soundex             (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Thread::Queue
> Thread::Semaphore
> threads
> threads::shared
> Tie::File
> Time::Piece               (UPSTREAM => undef)
> Unicode::Collate          (UPSTREAM => first-come)
> Unicode::Normalize        (UPSTREAM => first-come)
> version                   (UPSTREAM => undef)
> XSLoader

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new