Re: [perl #117393] undef %::; causes several crashes

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
March 28, 2013 20:42
Re: [perl #117393] undef %::; causes several crashes
Message ID:
CA+nL+nZ_PEqSU2oAyJqOt66jWdPjtaPE6vKYySjVCwzRetHXsw@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Brian Fraser <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Brian Fraser
>

> This is a bug report for perl from fraserb@gmail.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.16.2.

> [Please describe your issue here]
>
> perl -e 'undef %::; chdir'
>
> undef %::; makes several functions[*] that use global variables
> crash, e.g. eval due to PL_hintgv and chdir because of PL_envgv.
>
> I haven't bisected it, but it starts crashing somewhere between
> 5.10.0 and 5.10.1.
>
> This can be solved in a case by case basis by checking that
> the variables are isGV() before using them, and recreating them
> otherwise, but that is less than ideal.
>
> * both evals, chdir, require, sort, .., stat, glob, print/say, warn,
> plus a bunch of functions in sv.c. And there's several I missed.

Actually, faulty test case. I was testing with 'perl -E "undef %::"',
but that just automatically fails;
should've been using -e instead.
sort, warn, print & say seem to be working just fine, but the rest
still applies.