perl 5.18.0 weekly report, March 26

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
March 27, 2013 01:56
Subject:
perl 5.18.0 weekly report, March 26
Message ID:
20130327015552.GA17543@cancer.codesimply.com

Earlier today, I reviewed my mail and looked for tickets that seemed to have
become blockers or that had been requested.  I moved a few tickets around.  If
I didn't mark a ticket as a blocker that you think should be a blocker, say
something.

Here we go:

## Patch available

1   split "\x20"
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116086
    RJBS SAYS: I believe Yves' work on this is all but completely done!

2   experimental warnings for given/when/~~
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116913
    RJBS SAYS: Brian F. supplied a patch which needs expedited review!
    Applying this will probably break some CPAN dists that do "no warnings"
    tests.  I still think it's worth doing.

## Situation unclear

3   "print is broken"
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116082
    RJBS SAYS: I know almost nothing about this, but salva asked for it to get
    included.  Let's at least get some eyes on it?

4   capabilities detections problems
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116989
    RJBS SAYS: "sounds bad"

## Somebody's working on it

5   @var interpolation in regex
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=115004
    RJBS SAYS: Dave M. is on the case!

6   Regexp::Grammars is broken
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116823
    RJBS SAYS: Dave M. is on this case, too!

## Nobody's working on it (as far as RJBS knows)

7   "in cleanup" warnings no longer enabled
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=113794
    RJBS SAYS: No news.  This seems like the kind of thing we could call a
    known problem, but I'm not thrilled at the prospect.

8   caller behaving unexpectedly in re-evals
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=113928
    RJBS SAYS: No news.  We have a plan, just no patch yet.

## Won't actually block release

9   Hash randomisation breaks CPAN
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=115908
    RJBS SAYS: The more that get fixed before release the better, but…

10  Data::Alias broken, Data::Util broken
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=113920
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116088
    RJBS SAYS: No news.  More a "track this" than a blocker.

11  Sub::Call::Tail broken
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=115772
    RJBS SAYS: No news.  The likely workers aren't likely to be around for
    work.  Great opportunity for you to learn how Sub::Call::Tail works!

12  Warnings for EBCDIC and WinCE
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=115118
    https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116915
    RJBS SAYS: I still think this is a good idea, but I seem to be in the
    minority, and I doubt I'll get to it.  I'll just add an extra "very" to
    the perldelta about these platforms.

--
rjbs