Re: split patches working now, but it revealed a problem in the regex compilation

From:
demerphq
Date:
March 26, 2013 12:37
Re: split patches working now, but it revealed a problem in the regex compilation
Message ID:
CANgJU+Wimxubd8DzDX8LtO=uxkwmQ_YW1aFWcujJ+q6jEbyr0Q@mail.gmail.com
On 26 March 2013 13:32, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:15:55PM +0100, demerphq wrote:
>> I came up with a better patch. Can you please sanity check it for me?
>>
>> commit aa92869cf6c53d9eb86a54300cc39720259c68cd
>> Author: Yves Orton <demerphq@gmail.com>
>> Date:   Tue Mar 26 12:09:48 2013 +0100
>>
>>     preserve the original flags so pattern caching works properly
>>
>>     This adds a new property to the regexp structure, "compflags",
>>     and related macros for accessing it. We preserve the original
>>     flags passed into the compilation process, so we can compare
>>     when we are trying to decide if we need to recompile.
>>
>>     Things are a touch tricky as the UTF8 flag is handled specially.
>>
>> Yves
>
> I suspect its okay, although you can never be sure with the regex engine!
>
> One slight error: this bit separates pre_prefix from its comment:
>
>         /* offset from wrapped to the start of precomp */               \
> +        PERL_BITFIELD32 compflags:9;                                \
>         PERL_BITFIELD32 pre_prefix:4;                                   \

Ah good catch. Thanks. Ill fix before I merge to trunk.

Yves