Re: [perl #117245] This is a bug report for perl fromartagnon@gmail.com,

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 22, 2013 20:08
Re: [perl #117245] This is a bug report for perl fromartagnon@gmail.com,
Message ID:
20130322200829.GE2413@iabyn.com
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 07:39:31PM +0100, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Ramkumar Ramachandra
> <artagnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> First of all, your tone is rather rude. "X annoys me. Fix this." is no
> >> way to talk to anyone, specially not when you're asking strangers for
> >> their help.
> >
> > I'm sorry that you've misunderstood, but this is a commit message.
> > You should interpret it as instructions to be executed on the codebase
> > (like code), not prose intended for other people.  Code and commit
> > messages are never rude, condescending, disrespectful, or otherwise:
> > they're direct, terse, and precise instructions.
>
> Sorry to misunderstand then.
>
> > Oh, my apologies: don't you have one issue tracker/ mailing list for
> > one repository?
> >
> > Could you direct me on how to instruct perlbug to send the issue to
> > the right tracker?
>
> Yeah, this isn't communicated optimally currently (perlbug should say
> something about it).

Perlbug can tell people where to report CPAN bugs: it just requires
%Module::CoreList::bug_tracker to be updated to know the details for more
modules; at the moment, 'CPAN' itself is still listed as undef, unlike for
example:

    'App::Prove'            => 'http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Test-Harness',

I think this stems from when the feature was first added, to make
everything undef by default, until an individual module is confirmed as
having a particular bug-reporting URL.

--
Modern art:
    "That's easy, I could have done that!"