Re: Confusion about SvANY and Devel::Peek output

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
March 20, 2013 17:40
Re: Confusion about SvANY and Devel::Peek output
Message ID:
CALJW-qHqPu_R2KudP-cORn3ich84LJDnwwAR-=x0GqvSKzCBZw@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:59:06AM +0100, demerphq wrote:
> > Consider  the following output:
> >
> > $ perl -MDevel::Peek -e'my $x=1; Dump($x)'
> > SV = IV(0x1a5fbd8) at 0x1a5fbe0
> >   REFCNT = 1
> >   FLAGS = (PADMY,IOK,pIOK)
> >   IV = 1
> >
> > I cannot understand the two pointer values there.  The first is
> > supposed to be the address in the sv_any field of an SV head. The
> > second is supposed to be the address of the SV head itself.
>
> Because we want, for all SV types, for the IV slot to be at a fixed offset
> from the sv_any pointer.

As illustrated in illguts (
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RURBAN/illguts-0.42/index-14.html ) under
SvIV.