[perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
March 19, 2013 20:37
Subject:
[perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28177-1363725429-997.68706-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Feb 25 01:22:08 2013, aaron.trevena@gmail.com wrote:
> On 24 February 2013 22:25, James E Keenan via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > On Sat Aug 22 11:45:29 2009, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:

> >> error:

/home/teejay/development/freelance/lucemincendo/trunk/webserver/script/../lib/RSTDB/Schema/Result/Person.pm

> line
> >> as
> >> newlines

> >> It's in perlsyn. It needs to be in perlpod as well!
> >
> > No patch was ever submitted for this ticket, which was filed more
> than
> > three years ago.
>
> Yes - so long ago I'd forgotten it :)
>
> > Do people feel a patch is needed?  (I myself am doubtful.)  Can
> someone
> > produce a patch?
>
> I can write a doc patch (about the limit of my ability to contribute
> to perl-core) if it would help - perlpod would seem an appropriate
> place to mention you shouldn't put pod in places like that - if it
> would make the perlpod docs overly verbose I'm happy to leave it and
> for the ticket to be closed.
>
> To be perfectly honest, it's just something I noticed while picking a
> tidy way of laying out DBIC classes, it's not something I'd do again
> (and haven't in the last 5 years).
>
> Cheers,

If you'd like to write a doc patch, please do so.  Otherwise tell us no,
so we can close this ticket.
--
Karl Williamson

---